Welcome to SSI Coupa Supplier Site
This site is designed to support our purchasing and invoicing solution, including how to work with us through the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP).
Settlement Services International (SSI) is transitioning to a new procurement and invoicing platform. It’s a leading cloud-based e-commerce company connecting buyers with suppliers.
Coupa will enable SSI to send electronic purchase orders directly to the supplier and to receive invoices.
The benefits for suppliers will be:
- Creation of electronic invoices
- Improved invoice process – a faster invoice-to-pay process with convenient, real-time visibility into the status of your invoices/payments
- No installation of hardware or software required
- A more efficient way of working with reduced errors
- Real-time status reports
- Improved communications with SSI with a faster internal approval process
There is no additional cost for you to transact through this application.
Frequently Asked Questions
The below information addresses specific ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ relevant to the SSI Coupa Supplier site.
Additional information and guidance can also be found on the SSI Coupa Supplier website.
Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP)
I’m already using Coupa Supplier Portal, how can I add SSI as my customer?
If you’re already using the Coupa Supplier Portal with other customers, please proceed with the instructions above to log in to your account for the Co-op for the first time.Coupa identifies where the same email address has been used for multiple customers and will attempt to link the accounts automatically. If you have accepted our invite using the same email address as the Coupa Account you have for other customers, your accounts should now be linked. If this is the case, you’ll now see Co-op listed along with your other customers on the right of the screen under Latest Customers.
Is the SSI Coupa system mandatory for submitting invoices?
Yes. Coupa is the only system we use for accepting invoices.
What are the different ways to transmit with the SSI Coupa system?
There are four ways/ methods you can choose to transmit with SSI Coupa:
- Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP): (This is SSI preferred option). We will send you an email invitation to register on the Coupa Supplier Portal . You can log in to the Coupa Supplier Portal to view POs as well as create and send invoices electronically. On the portal, you can view all orders and invoices. You can also track the progress of your invoices. View Training Videos
- Supplier Actionable Notification (SAN): You can action directly from your email inbox, receive purchase orders, and create invoices without registering or logging in to the Coupa Supplier Portal.
- CXML Transmission: This is for suppliers who have large amounts of invoices and an internal IT to build and manage the CXML transmission.
- PDF Readable invoice: Suppliers can submit invoices electronically to our new email inbox: email@example.com. (No scanned or photo invoices).
Can I give another person from my company access to Coupa Supplier Portal?
Yes. There are multiple ways to do this:
- In the Admin menu of the Coupa Supplier Portal , select the “Invite User” button on the right to invite additional employees.
- On a Purchase Order email – using the “Create Account” button in your PO notification email.
For further detail, please go to the link Register for the CSP.
Where do I register/sign in?
How will the new system work?
Suppliers will see their Purchase Orders (PO) via the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) or receive them electronically via email and will be able to acknowledge the order direct from the PO. Suppliers will also submit electronic invoices by converting the PO into an invoice via a ‘PO flip’ and will provide access to real-time information on the invoice.
What happens if any of my details change?
Please contact SSIsupplier@ssi.org.au who will assist in processing any changes.
What are SSI general Terms of Supply?
Download SSI Terms of Supply Conditions.
How do we receive a remittance advice, and can it be automatically emailed to us?
Remittance advices will be generated and automatically sent to suppliers once the invoice has been paid.
How long does it take to register for the Coupa Supplier Portal?
The registration process takes less than 5 minutes.
How do I reset my Coupa portal access password?
On the login page, select Forgot User Name or Password to reset.
Is the supplier required to acknowledge the purchase order?
This field allows the users to know that the supplier has seen the purchase order and can complete the order by the execution date. It is encouraged that suppliers use this feature to communicate back to the SSI requisitioner. You can also use the comments section at the bottom of the PO to communicate with the SSI requisitioner.
Where can I find the terms and conditions of the SSI purchase order?
How do I change the price in a Purchase Order?
Suppliers do not have this functionality. Speak with your SSI contact; their name and email will appear on your PO.
How will I receive my Purchase Orders?
This will depend on the Ordering Option you have selected:
- Coupa Supplier Portal: Go to: Main Menu>Orders. Select SSI (if you are connected to more than one Coupa customer.) You can acknowledge the PO and create an invoice direct from the Coupa portal.
- Supplier Actionable Notification: You will receive an email which will contain the PO. You can acknowledge the PO and create an invoice direct from the email.
Can I submit a Credit Note?
Yes, using the same invoicing steps you can submit a credit note for quantity or amount using the Coupa portal. Alternatively, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why can’t I edit/void/delete a submitted invoice?
What do I do if an invoice was rejected?
When an invoice is rejected, SSI will provide details explaining the rejection in the comments section at the bottom of the invoice. If you have notifications set up, a notification will also be sent to you. If you are not clear on the reason, you can either enter questions into the comments section on the invoice which will be sent to the PO requestor or alternatively contact the requestor for further details to resolve the matter. Once confirmed, all you need to do is create a new invoice to replace the one that was rejected.
Once an invoice has been approved, what do I need to do next?
The invoice is in the queue and you’ll be paid in accordance with SSI payment terms.
(Note: SSI standard terms are 30 days unless agreed otherwise)
How do I create an invoice that does not have a purchase order?
If you don’t have a PO, please send your invoice to email@example.com.
How does the supplier know the status of their invoice?
The supplier will be able to see the submitted invoices and their status using the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP).
Can I create a partial invoice?
Yes, as long as the PO quantity/or line value is not exceeded.
How do I submit invoices?
There are two methods of sending an invoice in Coupa via the Invoicing Option:
- Coupa Supplier Portal: Go to Menu>Orders>Select the desired customer>Select the PO>Select the yellow coins.
- Supplier Actionable Notification: You can create an invoice directly from the emailed PO which will be sent back to Coupa.
Tracking the status of an invoice
How do I check if an invoice has been paid?
Payment information for your invoice will appear in your Coupa Supplier Portal account under the invoice history. If registered, you will receive an email and notification from Coupa confirming approval for payment. For questions regarding payment information email SSIsupplier@ssi.org.au.
What does the status “Pending Approval” mean?
It means your invoice requires SSI internal review and approval. Once approved, your invoice will be paid according to the SSI payment terms.
How do I know if my invoice has been approved for payment?
Invoice approval status for your invoices will appear in your Coupa Supplier Portal account under the invoice history. If registered with the Coupa Supplier Portal, you will receive an email and notification from Coupa when an invoice is approved for payment.
Will it take longer than the current process?
No. The ordering process should be no longer than the existing process, but the invoicing process will be greatly improved.
(Note: Payments are made in accordance with payment terms)
How do I track the status of my invoice?
This will depend on the invoicing method you have selected:
- Supplier Portal: Go to Main Menu > Invoice. Here you can track the status of the invoice. If the status is still draft, you have not yet submitted it.
- Supplier Actionable Notification: You will be notified via email when an invoice is approved for payment and when marked as paid.
Will you use the bank details I specify in the CSP?
No, SSI will continue to use the existing banking details. If you need to change your bank details, please contact the admin team at SSIsupplier@ssi.org.au.
If I use the SSI Coupa system, who will pay me?
SSI is still responsible for paying you directly. Coupa does not pay suppliers on behalf of buyers. You can follow the status of your invoices and payment through the Coupa portal.
I can’t see my transactions or the SSI tab to list my transactions.
Once you’re signed into the Coupa Supplier Portal, if you are unable to see your transactions it could be because you have registered using a different email address than the one SSI used for the invitation.
Please contact SSIsuppliers@ssi.org.au and request we send an updated invitation email to the nominated email address you have used to register with Coupa.
How do I get paid?
Once an invoice is approved in Coupa, the information will be transferred to our Finance Team who will process the payment in accordance with our agreed payment terms. You will be notified when your invoice status has changed via the Coupa Supplier Portal or Supplier Actionable Notifications.
Delivery of goods & services
What is the “Alternative Ship To” address that is on my PO?
They can be referenced either on the email received with a PO attached or in the Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) as SHIP TO.
Where should I deliver goods & services?
Delivery details are outlined on the purchase order issued to you.