Indigenous Business Month, Powering the Indigenous Economy
- Published: Wednesday, 06 October 2021 15:32
October is Indigenous Business Month. SSI acknowledges that empowering Indigenous business empowers Self-Determination.
Generous donor gives laptops to refugee families struggling with homeschooling
- Published: Tuesday, 05 October 2021 14:01
Many refugee families attempting to homeschool during lockdown are finding it particularly difficult without access to suitable technology.
From the CEO: The sharp edge of gender inequality and the need for specialised services
- Published: Friday, 24 September 2021 08:44
Gender-based violence, including domestic and family violence (DFV) is the sharp edge of widespread gender inequality in Australia — affecting all individuals identifying as women, regardless of their cultural background, economic situation, ability, and age.
How SSI helped Lin discover his passions after suddenly losing his vision
- Published: Thursday, 16 September 2021 10:18
Shortly after migrating to Australia in 2015, Zhen Hua Lin suffered an allergic reaction to antibiotics that rendered him completely vision impaired.
SSI wins inaugural CAPS Child Protection Week Award
- Published: Wednesday, 15 September 2021 10:32
SSI has won the inaugural CAPS Child Protection Week Award for its COVID-19 and Me 2020 booklet developed by the SSI Multicultural Child and Family Program in collaboration with My Forever Family NSW and the Association of Children's Welfare Agencies (ACWA).
More Articles ...
- Manufacturing industry key to economic recovery in Sydney South West: How the Local Jobs Program is helping
- Refugee mother faced with unique challenges during lockdown
- From the CEO: No-one can be left behind: vaccination rates in refugee communities
- From the CEO: responding to the spread of the Delta variant
- On the road to success and independence
- How Tatjana harnesses her experience of forced migration in her support of entrepreneurs
- From the CEO: Insecurity – the experiences of people seeking asylum and how you can make a difference.
- SSI offices turned into vaccination hub for asylum seeking communities
- Multi-talented Syrian entrepreneur expands business into homemade organic products
- Talented refugee artist awarded with University of Sydney scholarship