1. Do your research
Before you apply, make sure you really understand SSI. Take some time to go through our website and understand who we are, including our values and what we do, to ensure we are the right fit for you.
2. Write a stand out cover letter
We want to know you can do the job you are applying for. Carefully consider the key responsibilities and criteria and demonstrate your experience as it relates to the job. Refer to the “About You” section of the job ad for the criteria you need to address in your cover letter. The better you do this the more likely you are to be shortlisted. It may be difficult for us to see how your experience relates to the job so make sure you make the links clear by providing examples from your previous experience.
3. Write a strong resume
Your cover letter and resume is the first impression we have of you. Make sure you carefully read the job ad and include in your resume where you have relevant experience and skills. Attention to detail is very important so proof read your resume and make sure all information is correct.
Your resume should not only outline your education and work history, but can also point to specific projects you’ve worked on or awards you’ve won. Information to include on your resume includes:
- Your current contact information, including your full legal name (as per your passport or birth certificate), phone number, mailing address, and email address.
- Your educational background. List the tertiary institutions you have attended (beginning with your most recent), the year you attended, and any degrees or certificates earned. You may opt to include your course of study.
- Your work history including dates (month and year) of employment, the company name and location, your title, and a brief description of your responsibilities and achievements.
- Your relevant skills. This is your opportunity to list all the skills you have acquired through your career.
4. Share something about yourself
We recognise our people are more than just their skills and experience and would love to know more about you; your motivations, interests and achievements. We are passionate about social justice and are very proud of our diverse, inclusive workforce. We encourage our people to bring their whole selves to work.
If you would like further information about a role or the process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.