If you are interested in becoming a foster carer with SSI please contact us on:
For NSW -
P: 1800 960 976 or 02 8713 9200
For Victoria -
P: 1800 955 774
We will arrange a time to come and speak with you and your family about foster care, what it involves, and how to apply.
You will be provided with written information about our service and an application form. Once you have gathered the information you need and you decide you want to proceed, the next step will be to submit the application form to us.
You will then be invited to participate in an assessment process that will help us determine whether you can become a foster carer with our service.
The process includes:
- a safety inspection of your home
- a request for medical and personal references
- checks for Working with Children and criminal records for all adult members of your household
- participation in 2-3 days’ training which can be spread over several weekends and/or weeknights
- assessment interviews with you and members of your household to determine your suitability to be authorised by our service as a foster care