Kamiran and Zozan - A taste of Syria in Coffs Harbour
Kamiran and Zozan came to Australia from Syria with their family two years ago. Their life in Syria revolved around owning a restaurant specialising in delicious, local cuisine, frequented by friends, family and the community on a regular basis. Here in Australia, they’re re-discovering their passion for food, and are looking to bring a taste of Syria for the Coffs Harbour community to enjoy.Read more ...
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- What is SSI Multicultural Foster Care
- How is the SSP linked to the Humanitarian Settlement Program (HSP)?
- What is the NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP)?
- Who are refugees?
- Who are asylum seekers?
- What is the difference between a refugee and an asylum seeker?
- What is the difference between a refugee and a migrant?
- What services do people receive when they arrive as refugees or humanitarian entrants?
- Do refugees receive higher social security payments than age pensioners?
- How many refugees does Australia settle each year?
- Where do Australia’s refugees come from?
- What are the main services that SSI provides under the Child and Family division?
- What is the main focus of SSI Foster Care?
- What area does SSI Foster Care cover?
- What is a foster carer?
- What qualities make a good foster carer?
- Why is it important to help children maintain a connection to their culture?
- Who is eligible to become a foster carer with SSI?
- How do I apply to become a foster carer and what does it involve?
- What is the Status Resolution Support Service?
- What is the Humanitarian Settlement Program?
- How long has SSI been in existence?
- Which organisations are members of SSI?
- What area does SSI cover?
- What services does SSI offer?