One in five Australians identify as living with disability. A quarter of these, approximately 350,000 people in NSW, are from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds. Multicultural disability inclusion initiatives support connections with the CALD community and local government Disability Inclusion strategies as well as facilitate employment opportunities for people with disabilities. Some of this work includes:
- Resource community groups, non-government organisations and businesses that work with multicultural communities in order to become disability confident
- Resource and support inclusive employment initiatives
- Assist multicultural festival organisers to make festivals more accessible and inclusive
- Link organisations working in the disability inclusion space with multicultural communities
- Promote inclusive events to multicultural networks and the broader community
- Present on disability inclusion for communities outside of the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- Provide information on federal and NSW disability inclusion strategies.