Presented by SSI and TripAdvisor
When: Wednesday 28 November, 5.00pm
Where: TripAdvisor HQ – Level 5, 219 Cleveland Street, Redfern NSW 2016
Don't forget to register 👉 https://bit.ly/2QAwOP4
SSI is excited to announce the next Speaker Series panel discussion, which will take an in-depth look at the intersectionality of disability and culturally and linguistically diverse communities. The event will also be a good opportunity to honour International Day of People with Disability. The day aims to increase public awareness, understanding and acceptance of people with disability and celebrate their achievements and contributions in society.
This Speaker Series will explore questions such as:
- What role can community and community based organisations play in driving inclusion?
- How can businesses work to remove systemic barriers around employing and providing services to people with disabilities?
- What is unique for a person living with a disability who is also from a culturally diverse background?
To address these issues, we have assembled a panel of speakers who offer diversity in experience, passion and thought:
- Nas Campanella (host) - Journalist and Newsreader, Triple J
- Dr Karen Soldatic - ARC DECRA, Senior Research Fellow, University of Western Sydney
- Wally Mehanna - CEO, Canterbury Bankstown Chamber of Commerce
- Yasmin Farhart - Master of Ceremonies, MCYF
- Ghassan Noujiam - Senior Operations Manager, Multicultural Child & Family Support Program, Settlement Services International