Presented by SSI and TripAdvisor
RESCHEDULED DATE - WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 13
SSI is excited to confirm that our Speakers Series, which will take an in depth look at the intersectionality of disability and culturally and linguistically diverse communities, has been rescheduled for Wednesday, February 13. The original location of TripAdvisor HQ and program of panellists remain the same. Please ensure you RSVP your attendance for the new date below.
UPDATED EVENT DETAILS
When: Wednesday, February 13, 5.00pm - 7:30pm
Where: TripAdvisor HQ – Level 5, 219 Cleveland Street, Redfern NSW 2016
This rescheduled Speakers Series will also feature the launch of the SSI policy paper 'Still Outside the Tent: Cultural diversity and disability in a time of reform'. The paper examines the goals and vision of the National Disability Strategy with a particular focus on barriers and enablers for people with disability from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
With the aim of informing, connecting and challenging, this Speaker Series will explore questions such as:
- What role can community and community based organisations play in driving inclusion?
- How can businesses work to remove systemic barriers around employing and providing services to people with disabilities?
- What is unique for a person living with a disability who is also from a culturally diverse background?
To address these issues, we have assembled a panel of speakers who offer diversity in experience, passion and thought:
- Nas Campanella (host) - Journalist and Newsreader, Triple J
- Dr Karen Soldatic - ARC DECRA, Senior Research Fellow, University of Western Sydney
- Wally Mehanna - CEO, Canterbury Bankstown Chamber of Commerce
- Yasmin Farhart - Master of Ceremonies, MCYF
- Ghassan Noujiam - Senior Operations Manager, Multicultural Child & Family Support Program, Settlement Services International
Registrations are limited so please ensure you RSVP to secure your spot.
Please specify any accessibility or dietary requirements when registering.