ParentsNext is an Australian Government initiative to help parents with young children prepare for employment by participating in vocational and non-vocational activities.
SSI delivers ParentsNext in partnership with Metro Assist across Sydney Metro East, Sydney Inner West, and Sydney South West.
Becoming a parent often means more time is spent in caring for children and less time in the paid workforce.
ParentsNext work with parents to identify goals and develop skills so that they can enter the workforce.
How ParentsNext can help
Our professionals will help to:
- identify education, training and employment goals
- choose activities to help reach those goals
- identify barriers to achieving goals
- create a Participation Plan to set out goals and activities
Depending on participants needs, they can also:
- make connections to education, training and employment services
- provide training to boost job readiness
- invite participants to job expos or functions by employers about jobs in the local area
- make links with local services to address personal, parenting, childcare or family needs
- organise groups to meet other parents taking part in ParentsNext
- assess job readiness using tools such as Work Star and the Job Seeker Classification Instrument
- in some cases, pay for small expenses to enable completion of activities
|Sydney East and South||Sydney Inner West||Sydney Southwest|
*These locations are delivered by our partner Metro Assist