One-on-one tailored support to help you reach your employment and education goals
What is Opportunity Pathways?
The Opportunity Pathways program connects you to education, training and employment opportunities tailored to your needs, aspirations and capabilities.
We will work with you to understand any barriers to employment that you may have, and will provide you with meaningful work experience, skills, confidence, and access to sustainable employment.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible to apply for Opportunity Pathways if you are:
- aged 17 and older and meet the school leaving requirements; and
- living in social, community or Aboriginal housing or an approved social housing applicant on the NSW Housing Register; or
- are receiving a Rent Choice subsidy*.
Why should I apply?
- We'll work with you to find a job
- We'll provide tailored and flexible one-on-one support
- We'll connect you to education and training opportunities, such as courses, resume writing and interview skills development
- You'll get meaningful work experience and on-the-job training in one of SSI's social enterprises
- You'll gain confidence in reaching your employment goals
SSI is the provider of the Opportunity Pathways program for Western Sydney.
SSI provides Opportunity Pathways services across sites in Parramatta, Mount Druitt, Auburn, Merrylands and Blacktown.
If you do not live within these areas, please visit this page to find a list of providers in other locations across NSW.
Get in touch with us
Please get in touch if you are interested in learning more through the form below:
*Rent Choice refers to the private rental subsidy provided by the NSW Government that helps you pay the rent for up to three years. This is not the same as receiving rental assistance from Centrelink.
Opportunity Pathways is free for participants and is proudly funded by the NSW Government.
SSI charity number for tax exemption status: 606 196 070