One-on-one tailored support to help you reach your employment goals
What is Opportunity Pathways?
The Opportunity Pathways program connects you to education, training and employment opportunities tailored to your needs, aspirations and capabilities.
We will work with you to understand any barriers to employment that you may have, and will provide you with meaningful work experience, skills, confidence, and access to sustainable employment.
Am I eligible?
You may be eligible to apply for Opportunity Pathways if you are:
- aged 17 and older and meet the school leaving requirements; and
- living in public, community or Aboriginal housing or an approved social housing applicant on the NSW Housing Register; or
- are receiving a Rent Choice subsidy.
Why should I apply?
- We'll work with you to find a job
- We'll provide tailored and flexible one-on-one support
- We'll connect you to education and training opportunities, such as courses, resume writing and interview skills development
- You'll get meaningful work experience and on-the-job training in one of SSI's social enterprises
- You'll gain confidence in reaching your employment goals
Please note, work experience is temporarily unavailable due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We look forward to resuming this when we are able to, and for now are focused on building job readiness skills and providing you with the support you need.
SSI is the provider of the Opportunity Pathways program for Western Sydney.
SSI provides Opportunity Pathways services across sites in Parramatta, Mount Druitt, Auburn, Merrylands and Blacktown.
For a list of providers in other locations across NSW, please visit this page.
Get in touch with us
Please get in touch if you are interested in learning more through the form below:
Opportunity Pathways is free for participants and is proudly funded by the NSW Government.