The SSI Allianz scholarships directly support people from refugee backgrounds in NSW to achieve independence. The scholarships have been created to minimise the financial barriers experienced by refugees as they participate in the NSW education system.
SSI, with the generous support of Allianz, continues to achieve its vision of a society that values diversity of its people, actively provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation, and assists individuals and families to reach their potential.
Scholarships for the 2021 academic year are open now.
|Scholarships open (6 weeks)||
Monday, 19 October 2020
5pm Monday, 9 November 2020
|Notification of application outcome for the following categories: Secondary, Vocational Education & Training, Skills & Qualification Recognition||
End-December 2020 / January 2021
|Notification of application outcome for the University category||
late-January / February 2021
|Successful Secondary, Vocational Education & Training, Skills & Qualification Recognition receive funding||
|Successful University applicants receive funding||
February / March 2021 (confirmation of enrolment must be received)
|Scholarship Afternoon Tea||
To be successful in their application for support, applicants must:
- be from a refugee background on a humanitarian visa - Subclass 200, 201, 202, 203, 204 or 866. Applicants with a 117 visa will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- have been living in Australia for five years or less.
- reside and study in NSW.
- meet eligibility criteria specific to each scholarship category (see application forms for more details).
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Alternatives to SSI Allianz scholarship
We have prepared a document to help you find alternatives to SSI Allianz Refugee Scholarships and make your transition through education smoother. It includes resources such as:
- State and nationwide universities that offer scholarships focusing on humanitarian entrants
- TAFE's Smart & Skilled program offered to humanitarian entrants
- Charities and foundations that support education through various programs
- Technology and stationery providers at affordable prices