- Published: Monday, 01 April 2019 09:12
SSI News Blog
- Published: Friday, 22 March 2019 10:04
Fried rice, pastizzi irkotta, hummus, baram tteok, pies and sausage rolls ― it was a multicultural smorgasbord when Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, home to a burgeoning SSI Community Hub, celebrated cultural diversity and inclusion during Harmony Week.
- Published: Thursday, 21 March 2019 15:02
A strong delegation from Settlement Services International (SSI) was among 1,900 people who gathered at Sydney Town Hall on March 14 to urge for real change to housing and energy policies ahead of the NSW and Federal elections.
- Published: Wednesday, 20 March 2019 11:18
With the support of Ignite Small Business Start-ups™, Ed Yousef established a catering service — Syriana Traditional Cuisine — that takes Sydneysiders on an authentic journey through the tastes of traditional Syrian food.
- Published: Wednesday, 20 March 2019 10:45
The absence of fact-based opinion in Australia’s public discourse risks undermining appreciation of our country’s rich multicultural identity. Amid the inevitable saturation of news and comments on Harmony Day this Thursday, I challenge you to look for the evidence.
- Published: Monday, 18 March 2019 15:20
Adjusting to a different culture, getting to grips with a new language, learning the value of diversity and making new friends are all top priorities for young refugees, according to three sisters.
- Published: Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:41
Pro Bono Australia’s Impact 25 Awards recognise the most influential people in the sector as nominated and voted for by their peers.
- Published: Thursday, 07 March 2019 11:34
Awareness of women’s rights is rapidly increasing in the wake of global phenomena like the #MeToo movement and record-breaking Women’s Marches. But one vulnerable, yet formidable, part of the sisterhood is still missing out.
More Articles ...
- Pip is painting her new future
- Proven, positive impact for Community Hubs in 2018
- Workshops will help make NDIS work for businesses
- From the CEO: Everyone has the right to get home safely
- Time to shine for the Daytime Singing Group
- Promoting disability inclusion in the workplace and in the community