Are you a job seeker with disabilities or an employer willing to explore the possibilities of working with people with disabilities? There is a great opportunity ahead for you.
In the lead-up to the United Nations International Day of People with Disability on December 3, SSI Disability Employment Services will be taking part in AccessAbility Day, a new Australian Government initiative developed to connect employers with job seekers with disability for a one-day workplace experience.
During the week Monday, November 26, to Friday, November 30, employers and job seekers with disabilities will have the opportunity to connect and explore new possibilities in the workplace.
AccessAbility Day is not a job interview, work trial or work experience. It is a job shadowing opportunity for participants to experience a workplace or role that aligns with their career interests. It is also an opportunity for employers to learn more about working with job seekers with disability.
Being part of AccessAbility Day, participants will be able to:
- Gain insight into a particular role or industry
- Develop confidence in the workplace
- Network and meet new people
- Learn about work requirements and employer expectations
- Identify and explore employment opportunities
- Find out more about businesses in their communities
Employers will be able to:
- Develop disability confidence in your organisation or business
- Learn more about free disability employment services and support available for employers
- Promote awareness of disability in the workplace at a national platform
- Showcase your leadership in corporate social responsibility
There is no obligation to employ the participant after the placement, and both employers and job seekers will be supported by the SSI Disability Employment Services teams and JobAccess Australia, so the day is a mutually beneficial and rewarding experience.