Amid today’s turmoil, where insecurity and uncertainty are rife, SSI acts as a light at the end of the tunnel and a crucial support system for many individuals and families from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians in achieving their full potential. We work with those who experience vulnerability including refugees, people seeking asylum and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
We help them to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality, bringing to life SSI's vision to achieve a society that values the diversity of its people and provides support to ensure meaningful social and economic participation.
Making a donation is the simple way to pledge your support, especially in times of need.
When you support SSI, you are investing in community engagement initiatives for some of Australia’s most isolated communities.
- For just $20.00, you could send a care package to a marginalised individual containing basic and long-lasting food staples, household essentials and personal hygiene products.
- When you support SSI, you are investing in SSI's COVID-19 crisis relief efforts supporting refugees, people seeking asylum and other Australians.
- For just $50.00, you could send a care package to a vulnerable family containing basic and long-lasting food staples, personal hygiene products, household essentials and toys for children.
- When you support SSI, you are investing in overcoming barriers to education through scholarships for newcomers to Australia.
- For $100.00, you could assist refugees and newly arrived migrants to meet their educational goals through scholarships
- When you support SSI, you are investing in employment and income generation for small business owners with diverse cultural identities and backgrounds.
- For $200.00, you could provide business planning support and advice for refugees and people with a disability to pursue their passion, talents and experience in starting up a business
Your support is vital in these challenging times in order to continue strengthening the communities that SSI serves. Through the work we do together, we can empower people to change their lives.
For more information on how to pledge your support, please contact us.
- Naushin Rahman
Fundraising & Partnerships Manager