Isolation and stress can make it harder to take care of your mental health. Beyond Blue, Head to Health and Lifeline have some tips on looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus pandemic. FINTY also has a great resource on managing money and your mental health during these times. For multilingual mental health resources from Embrace Multicultral Mental Health, click here.
If you need to talk to someone about your mental health, contact:
- Lifeline Australia or the Suicide Call Back Service (open 24/7).
- Beyond Blue - for 24/7 phone counselling and online chat (open from 3pm to 12am)
- Mensline - for 24/7 telephone and online counselling service for men
- QLife - LGBTI peer support (open from 3pm to midnight, 7 days a week)
- Kids Helpline - phone, online chat or email service for children
- Headspace - support for young people aged between 12 and 25
- Parentline - support for parents, grandparents and carers
If COVID-19 has triggered past traumatic events for you or a loved one, please seek help. It’s important to us that you are aware of the services available to you and that you feel supported during these times of uncertainty.
The below services can support you with managing your trauma:
- Embrace Multicultural Mental Health - in-culture resources, services and information about mental health.
- Head to Health - Resource directory for trauma and stressor-related disorders
Support for Domestic and Family Violence
This is a difficult time for many people. If you find you are struggling, don’t suffer alone — reach out for support. Often talking about an issue at home can reduce some of the impacts it is having on you.
Below are some support services and resources that you can call and access anytime:
- If you or someone else is in danger call 000
- 1800 RESPECT - the national sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling service (open 24/7)
- Aboriginal Family Domestic Violence Hotline – 1800 019 123
- Resources for young people experiencing family or domestic violence
- Insight Exchange - resources for professionals and families experiencing domestic violence