Culturally responsive practice in the disability context
This one day workshop assists participants to develop their capabilities to be culturally responsive in the disability context. It is highly interactive and at the completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Identify a model for culturally responsive practice
- Describe the importance of developing culturally responsive services and supports
- Reflect on the impact of their own cultural identity, beliefs and values on interactions with participants
- Incorporate a complex understanding of culture and disability to engage participants
- Plan for engaging and maintaining relationships with multicultural communities
Target group: This workshop is for managers and workers delivering services and supports in the disability context.