Working with language services
This workshop will assist participants to utilise the skills of a professional interpreter in order to effectively engage and communicate with linguistically diverse communities and create more culturally responsive and inclusive workplaces.
- Benefits of using a professional interpreter
- Assessing when and in what situations to use a professional interpreter
- Tips for using an interpreter
- Practice implications when working with children and when using Auslan interpreters
- Impact that refugee experience and trauma may have on a person in an interpreting situation
Target audience: People delivering services to linguistically diverse communities