The employment readiness assistant will support an SSI Employment Services initiative that aims to help recently arrived refugees prepare for the Australian workforce. This role will focus on guiding, assisting and proactively supporting newly arrived refugees as they look for work.
Muhammad Sadiq: How I came to call Australia home
I came to Australia as a refugee in 2009, hoping to find a peaceful place to build a home for my family. Increasing persecution of the Hazara community from which my family and I come meant that our native land, Pakistan, was no longer the safe haven it once had been.Read more ...
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- How is the SSP linked to Humanitarian Settlement Services (HSS)?
- What is the NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP)?
- Who are refugees?
- Who are asylum seekers?
- What is the difference between a refugee and an asylum seeker?
- What is the difference between a refugee and a migrant?
- What services do people receive when they arrive as refugees or humanitarian entrants?
- Do refugees receive higher social security payments than age pensioners?
- How many refugees does Australia settle each year?
- Where do Australia’s refugees come from?
- What are the main services that SSI provides under the Child and Family division?
- What is the main focus of SSI Foster Care?
- What area does SSI Foster Care cover?
- What is a foster carer?
- What qualities make a good foster carer?
- Why is it important to help children maintain a connection to their culture?
- Who is eligible to become a foster carer with SSI?
- How do I apply to become a foster carer and what does it involve?
- What is the Status Resolution Support Service?
- What is the Humanitarian Settlement Services Program?
- How long has SSI been in existence?
- Which organisations are members of SSI?
- What area does SSI cover?
- What services does SSI offer?