We will arrange a time to come and speak with you and your family about foster care, what it involves, and how to apply.
You will be provided with written information about our service and an application form. Once you have gathered the information you need and you decide you want to proceed, the next step will be to submit the application form to us.
You will then be invited to participate in an assessment process that will help us determine whether you can become a foster carer with our service.
The process includes:
- a safety inspection of your home
- a request for medical and personal references
- checks for Working with Children and criminal records for all adult members of your householdas well as KiDS Check
- participation in 2-3 days’ training which can be spread over several weekends and/or weeknights
- assessment interviews with you and members of your household to determine your suitability to be authorised by our service as a foster carer. Bottom of Form