About the role
To provide service delivery and standards advice in the Settlement Services Program (SSP) to ensure that SSI, its member organisations and other local/regional service delivery partners in the consortium continue to lead in this field.
In this role you will be part of the SSP team and support strategies which maximise the NSW Settlement Partnership’s (NSP) capacity to deliver services that are flexible, client centred and outcomes oriented. You will also ensure that service delivery standards are in line with industry developments, trends and learning from the practice experience of NSP partners. Further, you will be responsible for monitoring data, reporting client data, outcomes and activities against work plans.
This is a 12 month full-time (70 hour fortnight) contract position, based in Ashfield.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the development and review of the SSP’s Policy & Program Manual to guide the operation of the program internal to SSI as the contract leader
- Provide operational management support to do with the implementation of SSI’s SSP contract and sub-contracts, to ensure they are delivered to the highest standard and in compliance with funding guidelines, agreed work plans, budgets and grants agreements
- Support reporting processes and prepare accountability reports to the funding body for the SSP manager
- Provide guidance, advice and support NSP partners to best meet their sub contract commitments and keep the SSP Manager apprised
- Provide mid-level issue resolution support to all stakeholders as needed, to ensure timely resolution of any matters to do with settlement service delivery, outcomes and standards
- Oversee contract delivery (including supporting audits) and make recommendations to guide intervention that may be needed to resolve poor performance or other issues
- Contribute to the implementation of new contracts as required ensuring they are operational as expected
- Provide advice to inform the allocation and re-allocation of business levels across partner sites involved in the delivery of services
- Make recommendations to the SSP Officer – Policy & Strategy as to the training needs of NSP partners, which drives improved performance outcomes and workforce development opportunities
- Monitor and advise on compliance with Workplace Health and Safety and other due diligence requirements in NSP organisations
- Contribute to the promotion of the NSP, including communications and events
- Make recommendations which ensure the NSP’s settlement services are outcomes oriented and client centred against an agreed outcomes framework
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in managing a range of operational and service delivery contract management functions within community service, government, or private sector environment
- Commitment to, and demonstrated experience in, working with multicultural core organisations and communities
- In-depth understanding of the settlement sector
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent data management and reporting skills
- Strong customer service orientation
How to apply
The successful candidate must undergo a current National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check in order to be employed in this role.
SSI adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety.
Applications close date: Tuesday, July 18, 2017.
People with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.